Back in 1912, the late Elmer "Doc" Dyer opened his own cafe and began to develop a secret cooking process for the uniquely delicious world famous burgers we still serve here today on Beale Street.
Legend has it that the "secret" was Doc Dyer's ageless cooking grease. This famous grease , strained daily, has continued to produce our juicy Dyer's Burgers for almost a century now.
One of "Doc's" original employees, Mr. Kahn Aaron bought the establishment in 1935 and continued the Dyer's name and tradition of famous burgers.
The Dyer's legacy continues to this day. Over the years, this famous cooking grease has been transported to our various Memphis locations under the watchful protection of armed police escorts, finally settling here on Historic Beale Street, Home of the Blues and World Famous Dyer's!
Located across from W.C. Handy Park (Map)
Playboy Online's A-List: America's 10 Best Burgers
#3 Dyer's Burgers
Esquire.com: 60 Things Worth Shortening Your Life For
#48 The deep-fried hamburger at Dyer's Burgers in Memphis.